The Kestrel family of weather and environmental meters began in 1996 when NK co-owner Richard Kellerman needed a dependable wind meter for flying his glider. Recognized today as the standard for accuracy and reliability by professionals and enthusiasts alike, Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters can be found at the top of Everest, on Special Forces missions, chasing tornadoes and in your backyard. All Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters are designed and built in the USA to stand up to years of rugged use, calibrated to NIST-traceable standards and come with a five-year warranty.
The handheld Kestrel 3000 Pocket Weather Meter provides a wide range of functions, plus accurate relative humidity measurements. It measures essential environmental parameters like temperature and wind speeds, and has added advantages for professionals that need access to humidity and heat stress readings. Because of its compact size and high durability, the Kestrel 3000 has become the pocket weather meters of choice for wildland firefighters, concrete professionals, even professional coaches--all of whom need accurate weather info to properly access environmental conditions and make crucial decisions.
The Kestrel 3000's sensitive and user-replaceable impeller technology provides accurate wind speed info. Additionally, an external temperature sensor and waterproof casing allow you to gauge the temperature of water (it even floats) and snow, as well as the open air. A hard slide-on case, lanyard, and battery are included. It accurately measures:
- Wind Chill
- Air, Water, and Snow Temperature (displayed in Fahrenheit or Celsius w/ accuracy of +/-1 degree)
- Current, Average, and Maximum Wind Speed (displayed in: Beaufort Wind Scale; Knots; MPH; KPH or Feet Per Minute)
- Relative Humidity
- Heat Stress Index
- Protective cover with sure-grip molding
- Data hold function
- Large easy-to-read display
- Waterproof and floats
- Quick-response, external thermometer
- Quick-response humidity sensor
- Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field in the field with the Kestrel Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- Innovative design for stability and accuracy in abrupt condition changes
- Patented, user-replaceable impeller (no tools needed)
- Ultralight impeller is mounted in jewel bearings for precision, wide range of speeds and low startup speed
- Impeller is shock-mounted in a glass-reinforced plastic housing
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
- Actual size: 4.8 x 1.7 x 0.6 inches (size without case)
- Power: User-replaceable CR2032 coin cell battery with average life of 300 hours
All Kestrel Pocket Weather Meters are made in the USA and covered by a 5-year warranty against manufacturing defects. Additionally, every single Kestrel manufactured is calibrated for every single value, either directly against NIST-traceable standards or against an intermediary standard that is calibrated daily.
What's in the Box?
Kestral 3000, slip-on protective cover, neck lanyard, CR2032 coin cell battery, Kestrel Certificate of Conformity